Is Twitch not working? We’ve compiled a list of the best troubleshooting solutions.
Twitch is the undeniable king of live streaming content, with many services trying their best to compete. But a platform is only as good as its app — so what if Twitch isn’t working correctly? First, we need to figure out why Twitch isn’t working, and we’ve covered a list of the best steps to correct it below.
Why is Twitch Not Working?
Any streaming service on your device can stop working for many reasons. Most are often related to your WiFi or data connection. After that, try restarting the app. Many problems with mobile apps can be solved by closing and restarting them. If Twitch still isn’t working, the next step should be to restart your device.
How to Restart Most Android & iOS Devices
- Hold down the power button on your device.
- Tap the restart button when it appears.
- Confirm and let your device restart.
- Open Twitch and see if it’s working.
Clearing Twitch’s Cache
If restarting the app and your device hasn’t solved the problem, the next step should be to clear Twitch’s app cache. Clearing an app’s cache removes any downloaded files that might interfere with it working correctly and clears any custom settings you might have set — which can solve many issues. To clear Twitch’s cache:
- Tap the Settings icon on your phone or tablet.
- Tap Apps and scroll to find Twitch.
- Choose the Storage option and Clear Cache.
- Sign back in and verify that Twitch is working.
Checking Your WiFi or Network Connection
Streaming services like Twitch can’t play media without a WiFi or data connection. Poor to no service can explain why an app isn’t working. Ensure your device isn’t in airplane mode, which also interferes with streaming platforms.
If Twitch still isn’t working correctly after trying everything above, it’s time to reinstall the app — especially if this is the only app behaving strangely. To reinstall Twitch:
- Open the Play Store or App Store and search for Twitch.
- Tap Twitch and select Uninstall.
- Confirm and let it uninstall, and then click Install to reinstall it.
Trying the suggestions above should solve most issues you’ll encounter with Twitch. Please let us know if you have a problem or solution not covered here.